none
Formula for RAG Status in MS Project RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Can anybody help me create the RAG formula in MS Project ? I can more or less build it myself but i am stuck on how to do "Status Date + 90 days".

My requirements are

1) If start date > Status Date + 90 days then show "Clear" indicator otherwise

if

a) If milestone - 100% complete show blue

if not 100%, then compare finish to baseline finish and show green if finish < baseline finish                                                                                                                                            amber if finish > baseline finish and less than baseline finish + 5 days

red if finish > baseline finish + 5 days

b) If not milestone

100% complete show blue

b1) if not 100% complete but greater than 0% complete then check to see finish > baseline finish + 5 days - if yes then red

if not check if finish > baseline finish but less than baseline finish + 5 days = then amber

if not check if % complete > planned % complete = if yes then green otherwise amber

b2) if 0% complete then follow same as for conditions in the milestone for red amber and green

Thursday, January 16, 2020 5:58 AM

All replies

• Ninad79,

You said you can "more or less" build the formula yourself and just need help with the Status Date plus 90 days so I'll take you at your word.

I assume you mean 90 calendar days so in its simplest form you can use

Text1=[Status Date]+90

However for a little more rigorous form use,

Text1=DateAdd("d",90,{Status Date])

Now let me address the "less" part of building the formula yourself. You may already know this but, it not... When creating a single formula with multiple criteria, test for the simplest cases first. For example, let's say one of your criteria is tasks that are 100% complete and another criteria tests for dates or baseline data compared to something. If your formula examines the more complex criteria first, it may very well be the case that a task that is 100% complete also meets the more complex criteria. Remember that the order of precedence is that once a test is true, processing stops

If that doesn't get you over the hump, post back and I'll help further.

John

Thursday, January 16, 2020 9:16 PM