Metaverse Search of Identical Records RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

ILM 2007 is the tool we are using for managing the identities

We have location object and a location code with same name but in different OU 

Ex:   

L=CAF-BKR,OU=AERA,OU=TeamExternal,DC=xxx,DC=yyy,DC=com
    L=CAF-BKR,OU=AERA,OU=Teamorg,DC=xxx,DC=yyy,DC=com

When I do a metaverse search with location object and location code as CAF-BKR, i am getting the records in above mentioned order and the code is also considering the location code as the one which is present in TeamExternal OU. But i want the location code present in TeamOrg OU to be available first when we do a search.

Could you please let me know,

1. On what basis metaverse search will sort the record , if there are a identical records

2. Is there any way to make the location code present under OU TeamOrg to be available first when searched.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:42 AM

All replies

• The search is alphabetical which is why teamexternal comes up first. You can add additional values to the search like "location contains TeamOrg". The Metaverse search is only a way to view the aggregate information of an Metaverse object.

Visit My Blog: http://theidentityguy.blogspot.com/

Monday, March 18, 2013 9:12 AM
  • 1.  You should be able to re-sort your metaverse search results by any column displayed.  Click on "Column Settings..." to change the included columns, and then click the column header to sort up or down based on that value.

2.  If the OU an object is in is valuable to you in its own right, you could flow it in as an attribute to be able to search on.  To grab one component of the DN, you can do an advanced flow, select the "Distinguished name" radio button and then enter the number of the component.  The object's CN/RDN/name is 1, the name of the OU it is a member of is 2, the level above that is 3, etc.  To get the DN of the parent OU, you'd need a rule extension and do something like this VB snippet:

mventry("ParentOUDN").stringvalue = csentry.DN.Parent.ToString

Of course, if you just want to control your search results, you can scope your search by object type, or add a "Ends With" clause.

Chris

Friday, March 22, 2013 10:00 PM