Locating existing MS Exchange server name RRS feed

• Question

• I am running my hotmail.com e-mail just fine on a Win7/Outlook 2007 Desktop. I would like to configure an older laptop which uses WinXP/Outlook 2003 to access hotmail with Outlook. I need to point Outlook 2003 to the MS Exchange server (I think) in the set up on the older system.  Can you tell me where to find the MS Exchange server name from my operationl machine?

Thanks!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 11:38 PM

Answers

• Open Outlook by going to "Start > Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Outlook."
    • Click "Tools > Options."
    • Click the "Mail Setup" tab located within "Options," and then click "E-mail Accounts."
    • Click the "Change" button located above "Microsoft Exchange."
    • Locate the text next to "Microsoft Exchange Server." You have now found the server name for Microsoft Exchange.

Just give your friendly IT support a call ? :-) Easy and convenience.

MT | MCITP ----- Please vote helpful or mark as answer if it's answered your question, this help us follow up the question status.
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Monday, September 27, 2010 5:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:21 AM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 3:51 AM

All replies

• Ctrl-right click on the Outlook icon in the system tray and select "Connection Status...".  If you are connected to an Exchange server it will tell you how it is connected and what the server name is.
    Tim Harrington - Catapult Systems - http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:22 AM
    • Open Outlook by going to "Start > Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Outlook."
    • Click "Tools > Options."
    • Click the "Mail Setup" tab located within "Options," and then click "E-mail Accounts."
    • Click the "Change" button located above "Microsoft Exchange."
    • Locate the text next to "Microsoft Exchange Server." You have now found the server name for Microsoft Exchange.

Just give your friendly IT support a call ? :-) Easy and convenience.

MT | MCITP ----- Please vote helpful or mark as answer if it's answered your question, this help us follow up the question status.
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Monday, September 27, 2010 5:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:21 AM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 3:51 AM
  • Mail tab does not exist in Options!
    Thursday, January 3, 2019 7:20 PM