none
Short Cuts for Redirected Start Menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

New to App V and trying to sort some issues at the school I work at.

As a test to start trouble shooting some apps that are not working and to get to grips with App V I have sequenced Notepad++. 

I need the shortcut to appear in a different location on the startmenu. We have redirected start menus for teachers and staff. These are in a subfolder off netlogon. 

On the App V manager I can add short cuts for locations like desktop and startmenu which work sort of  ..and others (APP DATA or COMMON ADMIN TOOLS or CUSTOM what are these ?)

I cannot seem to get the notepad++ short cut in the students IT startmenu folder

for example this is the redirected startmenu for students

\\hcs.local\NETLOGON\Admin\Win10\Students\Start Menu\Programs\IT

Any thoughts ?

Rob 

Rob

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:51 AM

All replies

• When sequencing, and while in monitoring mode, move the shortcut to the Start Menu\Programs\IT.  It doesn't matter if you use per-user or per-machine while in monitoring mode.

Then App-V will lay down the shortcut to the expected start menu based on publishing type (user or machine, but for your use you'd want user based publishing).

Your external solution to redirecting the start menu should be respected by the App-V client.

I will note that if you are using App-V 4.6, Notepad++ has a trick to sequencing in that the package name cannot include the "+" character.  This isn't an issue in App-V 5 but, just in case, want to make sure you are looking at the right issue.

tim

Tim Mangan MVP for App-V and Citrix CTP Author of AppV books: "PowerShell with App-V 5 (5.1 Edition)", "The Client Book (4.x)" and "OSD Reference Book" (http://www.tmurgent.com/Books )

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:32 PM
  • Hi Rob, 

I'm trying to get in touch with you about something important. I cant seem to find you on linked In etc....

Give me a message if you can. It could be in your benefit.

Thanks

Eddie
    Friday, July 12, 2019 10:06 AM