Script Metaverse attribute creation? RRS feed

Answers

• aelric,

This is possible only if you dare to edit the database directly, which isnt recommended. If you do decide to take the risk, make sure you back up your database and then do the following:

For single-valued non-reference attributes:

1. Add a column to the mms_metaverse table with the appropriate name and data type
    2. Add a column to the mms_metaverse_lineagedate table with the appropriate name and a data type of datetime
    3. Add a column to the mms_metaverse_lineageguid table with the appropriate name and a data type of uniqueidentifier
    4. If you want the attribute to be indexed add a new non-unique, non-clustered index to the mms_metaverse table with the name IX_mms_metaverse<attributeName>

For all attributes you will then need to:

1. Update the mv_schema_xml column of the mms_server_configuration
    2. Restart the Sync Service and re-open the client

I have only done some preliminary testing, but so far it has worked okay.  I will get a blog post up (www.apollojack.com) with some additional details and a SQL script to simplify things a little bit.

Good luck!
    Rebecca

• Marked as answer by aelric Friday, May 10, 2013 3:57 PM
    Friday, May 10, 2013 1:38 AM

All replies

• I am not aware of any changes in that regard, especially if you are talking ILM.  FIM has some scripting capabilty especially where the Service/Portal is concerned, but the metaverse hasn't changed enough in its architecture to allow that as far as I know.

Chris

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 1:26 PM
  • Hi Chris

Scripting for the portal is not really an issue. its the MV, I need to create 120 custom attributes. Would make my life endlessly easier to be able to create these by powershell and csv. 

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 2:04 PM
  • aelric,

This is possible only if you dare to edit the database directly, which isnt recommended. If you do decide to take the risk, make sure you back up your database and then do the following:

For single-valued non-reference attributes:

1. Add a column to the mms_metaverse table with the appropriate name and data type
    2. Add a column to the mms_metaverse_lineagedate table with the appropriate name and a data type of datetime
    3. Add a column to the mms_metaverse_lineageguid table with the appropriate name and a data type of uniqueidentifier
    4. If you want the attribute to be indexed add a new non-unique, non-clustered index to the mms_metaverse table with the name IX_mms_metaverse<attributeName>

For all attributes you will then need to:

1. Update the mv_schema_xml column of the mms_server_configuration
    2. Restart the Sync Service and re-open the client

I have only done some preliminary testing, but so far it has worked okay.  I will get a blog post up (www.apollojack.com) with some additional details and a SQL script to simplify things a little bit.

Good luck!
    Rebecca

• Marked as answer by aelric Friday, May 10, 2013 3:57 PM
    Friday, May 10, 2013 1:38 AM