none
An error occurred while executing a custom action:_CreateSrsFolder RRS feed

• General discussion

• An error occurred while executing a custom action:_CreateSrsFolder_SC
    This upgrade attempt has failed before permanent modifications were made. Upgrade has successfully rolled back to the original state of the system. Once the correction are made, you can retry upgrade for this role.

When installing the data warehouse for SCSM I experience the above error, using  2 computers to install Service Manager 2012 SP1

Kind Regards 

winston741@

Thursday, March 7, 2013 1:47 PM

All replies

• Do you have any errors you can post please.

Have you ensured that the account you are using has the required rights within SQL?

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

Monday, March 11, 2013 8:28 AM
  • @Fletcher Kelly

This Error occurs when the Datawarehouse installation reaches the "Install Services" stage on the last window of the Service Manager Installation Wizard. Unfortunately I did not save the log file. All I can remember is that it reported a 1603 error.

The accounts I use have sysadmin rights in SQL Management Studio. This error seems to involve the Reporting Configuration( "_CreateSrSFolder_SC"). The error logs on the server I am working on only complains of reporting.

Kind Regards

winston741@

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:14 AM
  • I have come across this blog post

http://scug.be/nico/2012/04/11/error-when-installing-service-manager-2012/

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:20 AM
  • Thank you for the response

See that is just it - I restarted the SQL reporting services , reinstalled the DW, and it still gives me  same error.

I reconfigured and repaired SQL and its Reporting ,reinstalled DW, still same error. I increased the  ServicePipeTimeOut to 60000 milliseconds in the registry using regedit - no difference.  

winston741@

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:58 AM
  • have you tested your connection s to SQL Reporting services URL and remote connectivity to the SQL instance using the account you are using to install the DW?

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:34 AM
  • Hi Guys,

Hi Winston741,

You must to configure the Security Settings of on the SSRS follow the following Steps:

1. Open the Reports URL op the SSRS Server.
    2. Click on the Folder Settings icon.
    3. Add the User Account that you are using to install SCSM Data Warehouse Server.

Good Luck

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:58 AM