none
Operationalized MS Machine Learning Server and trusted connections to remote SQL Servers ... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

I have managed to operationalize MS Machine Learning Server using a couple of Linux VMs.

I ran a couple of tests and I can execute remote scripts by connecting to the web node of my server.

However, I'm still trying to figure out how to connect to a remote SQL Server to retrieve data using a Trusted Connection.

Is it possible and how ?

Or do I have to configure my remote SQL Server for SQL Server Authentication and to connect with username / password ?

DM

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Dejan!

When you say you want to connect to a remote SQL Server, are you asking about connection from your Linux VM's?

If so, I do not think you can use Trusted Connections, unless the VMs are in the same domain and you are logged into the VM with a domain account who also have access to SQL Server.

I suspect you'd need to enable SQL Authentication, and have your VMs connect that way.

Niels

http://www.nielsberglund.com | @nielsberglund

Thursday, March 14, 2019 4:09 AM
  • Hi Niels,

Thank you for replying back.

The VMs are connected to the domain. And I'm able to connect to any remote sql server with my domain account from any VM using trusted connection. It works with sqlcmd client or R command line.

Therefore,  I'm wondering wether the Web Node is able to use and propagate to Compute Nodes  LDAP user identites while execute remote R or Python scripts ?

Regards,

DM

• Edited by Dejan MILIC Thursday, March 14, 2019 8:06 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2019 8:05 AM