SCOM 2007 & FCS Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Is there a operations manager 2007 management pack for forefront client security? If not, are there plans to make one? Or has anyone been able to successfully convert the MOM 2005 MP to import into 2007? Thanks in advance!
    Friday, November 14, 2008 2:03 PM

All replies

• Hi

Did you find one? Or write your own?

If not the Operations Manager 2007 unleashed book includes one you could try...
    • Proposed as answer by Douks Saturday, February 6, 2010 3:59 PM
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 3:59 PM
  • Hi,

There is no OpsMgr 2007 Management Pack for Forefront Client Security.

With OpsMgr 2007 you can monitor IIS, WSUS, or SQL Server health on any Forefront Client Security server and for that you will need to install and configure the corresponding management packs for each product.

MOM agant can coexist with OpsMgr agent.  

Next version, Forefront EndPoint Protection 2010 codename "Stirling", will be monitored by OpsMgr 2007.

Thank's
    Bechir Gharbi. MCSA, MCSE M+S, MCITP Server/Enterprise Administrator, MCT, MCTS ConfigMgr
    • Proposed as answer by Bechir Gharbi Wednesday, March 10, 2010 4:44 PM
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 9:23 PM
  • The "Unleashed" one (which doesn't do much other than discover & monitor the state of the services to be honest) is a good starting point, but my client requires something more reactive for their environment, and understandably want all their monitorig under the one SCOM roof...

If it's not been done before I'm going to build on what the unleashed guys gave us & author what's required and if I get it finished soon I'll post it for the community.

Still can't understand why Microsoft haven't released what they use with SCOM 2007! What's going on - There are a whole host of monitoring situations that have simply been overlooked.

Monday, February 8, 2010 10:49 PM
  • Hi,

Next version, Forefront EndPoint Protection 2010 codename "Stirling", will be monitored by OpsMgr 2007

Thank's
    Bechir Gharbi. MCSA, MCSE M+S, MCITP Server/Enterprise Administrator, MCT, MCTS ConfigMgr
    • Proposed as answer by Bechir Gharbi Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:56 AM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 7:41 AM
  • Any update for this issue ?
    Bechir Gharbi. MCSA, MCSE M+S, MCITP Server/Enterprise Administrator, MCT, MCTS Configuration Manager/Forefront (Time Zone : GMT+1)
    Saturday, May 22, 2010 7:53 PM

• Douks: Im gonna write my own i think, maybe im gonna look into how they did their discovery.

Bechir:
    Are you sure "Sterling" will be monitored by opsmgr? Im pretty sure i heard something about it being build for ConfigMgr instead.

I got some news in this case, i got pointed in the direction of

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/determining-fcs-client-state-from-script.aspx

This blogpost shows me how to get the information i need.

Im gonna create a new managementpack with monitoring based on this script, a registry(looking for the service) and the events from technet:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb418793.aspx

Friday, October 22, 2010 4:16 PM