none
Quesion about resource availabilty views RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to MS project server. 

One of our users is going to Resources --> Resource Availability. Here she has different views available to her. In these views she also sees the projects which are already ended. She asks if it is possible to change the view, so she does not see the old projects. Normally I would go to Settings --> Manage Views, but here I do not see the views which I have available under Resources --> Resource Availability.

Can I manage them somewhere else?

Friday, August 23, 2019 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi, no, alas these projects appear. I think changing the timescale might help, or setting the booking type to proposed could exclude them.  

Power BI does a much better job, because of course you can set a filter which excludes projects with a status set to "completed"

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Friday, August 23, 2019 12:33 PM
  • Another option, since the projects have already ended, may be to unpublish the projects by going to PWA Setting > Delete Enterprise Objects > Delete only published projects and select the projects that have ended.  This way you will can keep the working version of the projects but remove them from the views. 

JH Blake

Friday, August 23, 2019 2:57 PM
  • Hi, you could do that, but of course you loose all the reporting for this project.  

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Friday, August 23, 2019 3:05 PM