none
Cannot Login to SharePoint Portal with IE but works with FireFOX, Google Chrome, and Safari. RRS feed

• Question

• Cannot Login to SharePoint Portal with IE but works with FireFOX, Google Chrome, and Safari.

I have no problem getting in with other browsers but with IE I cannot get passed the password prompt. My username and password is correct as I can log in on any other browser I have. It is kind of funny that the one browser made by the same company that made the SharePoint portal is the one that will not work. I can try to login a few times until i get:

You are not authorized to view this page

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Please try the following:

• Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
    • Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.

HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

Anyone else get this or have an answer to it as I am googling now but so far nothing usefull yet.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, June 2, 2011 5:32 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 3:50 PM

Answers

All replies