none
DaRT 10 Creating Media Fails cannot find file RRS feed

• Question

• i have just installed the DaRT 10 x64 components and already have the W10 ADK installed. when running through the Recovery Image Wizard at the point of Generating Files it returns with the error:

Generating DaRT image
    Cleaning discarded mount points...
    The running command stopped because the preference variable "ErrorActionPreference" or common parameter is set to Stop: Cannot find path 'C:\Users\corleoned\Desktop\DaRT10\x64\boot.wim' because it does not exist.
    Cleaning up temporary files
    Temporary folder: C:\Users\corleoned\AppData\Local\Temp\DaRT_Mount_2015.08.21.13.11.32
    The clean-up has successfully been completed.

All i have done is selected the Media unticked the Locksmith and then pointed to the Windows Debugging Tools x64 Dir everything else is default.

I do not understand why it is looking for a file it has not copied yet.

Friday, August 21, 2015 12:14 PM

Answers

• Ended up installing Dart 10 and ADK 10 on a Windows 10 Client and successfully creating the media there.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 9:04 AM

All replies

• Ended up installing Dart 10 and ADK 10 on a Windows 10 Client and successfully creating the media there.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 9:04 AM
  • Thanks for updating us with your workaround. I was getting the same error messages when trying to make DaRT 10 media on a Server 2012 R2 VM.

For those wondering, I have MDT 2013 Update 1 installed, MDOP 2015, ADK 10, and everything from WU installed.

I'll try your method...and update

Update: SUCCESS!! Media apparently must be created on a Win 10 machine. Installing the same software on Server 2012 R2 (ironically the actual MDT server) does NOT work.
    Friday, September 4, 2015 7:07 PM
  • The original question has been answered, but it's popped up again: it turns out that the disk-creation logic in DaRT shipped as part of MDOP 10 is NOT compatible with the just-released "Windows 10 Threshold 2" distribution (build 1511); the image build fails with a typically incomprehensible error message similar to the one quoted by the OP. As of today (19 November) Microsoft's VL distribution site has nothing more recent for MDOP than the original version 10.

Initial tests with a DaRT disk built on Win10 RTM show that it works as expected when booted on a system with Win10 build 1511 installed.

Joe Morris

Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:00 PM
  • good to know just started a new build on 1511.
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:32 PM
  • The original question has been answered, but it's popped up again: it turns out that the disk-creation logic in DaRT shipped as part of MDOP 10 is NOT compatible with the just-released "Windows 10 Threshold 2" distribution (build 1511); the image build fails with a typically incomprehensible error message similar to the one quoted by the OP. As of today (19 November) Microsoft's VL distribution site has nothing more recent for MDOP than the original version 10.

Initial tests with a DaRT disk built on Win10 RTM show that it works as expected when booted on a system with Win10 build 1511 installed.

Joe Morris

Joe,

Have you used the existing MDOP DaRT Release on build 1511 and built successfully ?? or have you obtained a newer version if so from where?

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 12:23 PM
  • I am trying this on a windows 10 machine and is not working. Need help!!

Friday, May 5, 2017 9:02 AM
  • I am trying this on a windows 10 machine and is not working. Need help!!

DITTO  I have tried multiple versions of Windows 10 with two different ADK.  Can someone link the exact ADK to use and which version of 10 to use.
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 9:35 PM
  • Also having this problem with version 1507 and 1511.  Can someone from MS please let us know when this bug is going to be fixed?  Or at least tell us which version/build should work and where we can acquire that media?  Thanks.
    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 7:53 PM