none
Need help : Custom SFTP adapter in Biztalk 2010 - Uploading the files intermittently RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

We are using BizTalk 2010 version with custom SFTP adapter used in it. As part of some of the vulnerability fixes, we had made some changes and deployed the setup file again. Its been tested properly in UAT and deployed in production. But after the deployment, there was some patches updated and the production servers are restarted. From then, the files are going to the different sftp locations intermittently.

Please note that, the sftp uploads happen via orchestration using a dynamic port. So we cannot restart the host instances also.

The configurations are made in UDDI, so the SSH value is set to 0.

Error Message comes like : Unable to connect to sftp host. Changing an send port transport properties might require the host to be restarted, as the connection pool might still have connections". Please help in this regard.

Thanks in advance,

Veena

Thursday, November 28, 2019 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Veena

Which Custom SFTP adapter are you using? bLogical?

Can you enable tracking on the Send Port and see what the context properties have as the destination?

Are you sure this issue isn't occurring in the UDDI?

Can you reproduce the issue in UAT?  If so have you tried rolling back the patches one by one to see which one is causing the issue.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 7:53 PM
  • hi Colin,

The custom adapter is of TamirSSH. In UAT it has been tested and there was no issue identified as such

Friday, November 29, 2019 3:38 AM
  • As BizTalk 2010 is reaching end off Microsoft support next year, and the operating system it can run on is also nearly out of support, and the database it runs on is already past end of support, I would be advising that you migrate to BizTalk 2016, and using the out of the box SFTP adapter.  If you make sure you install either CU6 or Feature Pack 3 with CU6, it both uses a later version of WinSCP, but also has a lot of fixes for some issues that earlier version of the SFTP adapter has.

Friday, November 29, 2019 7:17 PM
  • hi Colin, 

We are in process of migrating it. But to fix this issue, please suggest any work around as migration will take a while to Go live.

Thanks, 

Veena

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 4:07 AM
  • Hi,

I guess you wrote your own custom SFTP adapter using a library called TamirSSH?

The forum will have problems helping you on that one, unless you share the code (and even then, Colin's upgrade suggestion is a better one).

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:35 AM
  • I remember Blogical adapter is also made of TamirSSH. Perhaps you can update the open source Blogical adapter in case you have new suggestions for TamirSSH used code, which may be of interest of other Blogical adapter users as well. Then others can help you when source is available also. Updating Blogical SFTP setup to be working for BizTalk 2016 could be helpful for the community as well. 

If you say that you have random issues and you mention errors, I suspect that your dynamic send port code is not thread safe so it uses and mixes the configuration especially when some connection have intermittent error (error handling often change timing). You may need to use other thread safe variables that are unique for each dynamic send so they don't get re-used by other threads at the same time. Adding custom tracing where you list send port name, instance IDs, SFTP destination and other useful information may help identify if there is thread issue. 

Friday, December 6, 2019 1:52 PM