Surface Mobile Connect and Mobile Device Client App RRS feed

• Question

• So...  I downloaded the Surface Mobile Connect application and finally figured out how to load the Client App on my phone...  However, does this application work with Blackberrys'??  When trying to open the Client App, I get an "unknown error"....
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 4:49 PM

All replies

• I have Microsoft Surface Developer Unit, I installed the Surface Mobile Connect Application and I need the Client App for my cell phone, Please tell me where I can get that.

Thanks

Friday, April 9, 2010 9:48 PM
  • You will find the Client App here: http://tinyurl.com/yblmrvu

"To install the Mobile Connect client application on your mobile phone, determine the type of mobile phone you have, and then follow the corresponding installation instruction.

• On a Windows Mobile phone, do the following:
    1. Download the “Mobile Connect Sample Application.zip” file, and then extract its content to the Microsoft Surface unit.
    2. Copy the MobileConnect.cab file to your phone by using a USB connection, Bluetooth®, or e-mail.
    3. Open the .cab file to install the Mobile Connect client application.
    • On a J2ME mobile phone, do the following:
    1. Download the “Mobile Connect Sample Application.zip” file, and then extract its content to the Microsoft Surface unit.
    2. Copy the SmartSyncJ.jar file to your phone by using a USB connection, Bluetooth®, or e-mail.
    3. Open the .jar file to install the Mobile Connect client application.

Note : You must install the H.263 or H.264 codec on your J2ME mobile phone (depending on the model of the phone you’re using) to enable the client application to decode the video file that is recorded in 3GP format. The J2ME mobile phone can connect without this codec only if there is only one Microsoft Surface unit in range."

Source : Mobile Connect Getting Started Guide.pdf

Your mobile phone must have bluetooth and a camera on the back. The client use the camera to decode the color sequence on the table when you put it and after the table and your mobile phone are connected.

• Proposed as answer by lai-shun Monday, April 19, 2010 9:09 AM
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:38 PM
  • Hi All, I've been testing the mobile client application with my cell, wich has all the requirements mentioned at the Mobile Connect Getting Started guide. Once I put my cell on the hexagon-shaped connection area, on the display of my cell appears: · Starting Strobe · ¿Permitir a SmartSyncJ grabar mensajes multimedia? (It's in Spanish.. it means: Allow SmartSync record multimedia messages?) · Si (I check yes) · No · Queryng Strobe · Strobe Complete · (sometimes) Trying device 0...1 · Connection error ("unknown error") I've checked the options of Bluetooth devices: To enable Bluetooth® connectivity for Mobile Connect on a Microsoft Surface unit 1.Open the Bluetooth® Devices category in Control Panel. 2.Click the Options tab to open it. 3.In the Discovery section of the Options tab, select the Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer option. 4.In the Connections section of the Options tab, clear the Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect option. So, my question is: What can be failing? Thank you all, Pau
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 7:40 AM
  • Same for me I am not able to make it work.

ON my mobile I have Windows Mobile 6.5 and I get inforation form MS that it is not compatible with it. It needs  6.0

Your knowledge is enhanced by that of others.
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:33 PM
  • Did you ever get this to work on your Blackberry? I'm getting the same error.
    Friday, June 11, 2010 3:10 PM