none
Design Pattern Advise RRS feed

• Question

• I keep receiving multiple messages through web service (one after another). This needs to be processed in BizTalk and sent to REST API service (Request Response) and further processing happens.

Note : I keep receiving messages like every min or 2 mins, 5 mins.... for every 24 hours processing.

My question is : as I keep receiving multiple message one after another through Web service, do I need to use Sequential convoy pattern here ? or let there be Orchestration instance keep creating ?

Please advise what is the best approach for me to achieve this scenario ?

RH

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 3:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

The purpose of orchestration is to apply the business logic. Hence, the design of an orchestration depends on the project requirements.

If business needs to send those events in sequential manner, then n then only go for sequential convoy.

Otherwise there is no harm in having multiple active instances of orchestration running at a time. 

Thanks, Girish R. Patil.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 5:16 AM
  • well my main concern is when I keep receiving messages one after another continuously, it get processed in BizTalk and sent to Destination system API and get response back.

Just want to make sure for message instance 1 , I get message instance 1 Response only.

I should not be getting Message 2 or 3 instance Responses before completing Message instance 1 response.

Please suggest

RH

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 11:44 AM
  • BizTalk will usually self correlate the messages if you are using a Synchronous pattern e.g. A two way Send/Receive ports.  

You only need to worry about correlating the responses yourself if you are using a Asynchronous pattern, e.g. One way send and receive ports.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 9:43 PM
  • If there is no business requirement, then there is no need to implement sequential convoy. BizTalk will create new instances for every new message received and will process the same. 

BizTalk internally will take care of correlating the messages in order to make sure which response message belongs to which instance and no extra effort is required.

Also, in case the requests to REST API must be processed in order then enable ordered delivery for the send port.

Thanks,

Raghav

Sunday, August 25, 2019 4:51 AM