none
Resource allocation doesn't work correctly after transferring a file from 2010 to 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have serious problem transferring my file from 2010 to 2016. 

I have a file in 2010 version that does the resource allocation just fine but after I open the same file to 2016 standard version, it doesn't get the whole available capacity of the resource. for example, my resource can work 20 hours a day but in 2016 version it assigns like random hours. but in 2010 all of them are 20 hours and works perfect.

I'm just wondering what's the problem, is there any preferences should be redefine? I also compare all the options and setting and it looks like there are alike.

It's very urgent, 

Thank you

• Edited by mhd-khezri Sunday, October 6, 2019 7:02 PM
    Sunday, October 6, 2019 7:02 PM

All replies

• mhd-khezri,

I hope that's not a labor resource (20h/day).

Project doesn't "assign" resources, you do. Project simply takes the assignment and distributes it over the task duration based on Project calendar, work hours, resource calendar, etc.

You say you've already checked option settings and they appear to be the same between 2010 and 2016. How about resource leveling? Take a look at the leveling options for Project 2016. If it is set up for automatic leveling and you did not use leveling in your file, then the shifting assignments might be caused by Project 2016 leveling.

Just a thought.

John

Monday, October 7, 2019 3:22 PM