windows 8.1 - partially translated to english RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I have windows 8.1 RTM PL x64. After installation (about month ago) everything was fine but after installation some updates from windows update (drivers update, windows defender updates) some options in windows are in english now and many of metro options won't work (ex. accounts management - adding new accounts for example - no actin on click)

also there has been missing power plans for battery and context menu is partially in english :\

How to fix this?

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:51 AM

Answers

• From what I checked I can not perform any option in the control panel (add remove programs). When you click on a program/update with right mouse button and select 'Uninstall' - nothing happens.
    I think I still reinstall the system: (

Hi,

I know that the issue is very frushtrated, please know that we will always stand here to help you till we find the solution. Thanks for your continouse patience.

At this point, I suggest we boot into Advance menu in Windows 8 to perform the system restore.

1. Hold down either SHIFT key while tapping or clicking on Restart, available from any Power icon.

Tip: Power icons are available in Windows 8 from either the Settings charm or from the logon/lock screen.

Note: This method does not seem to work with the on-screen keyboard. You'll need to have a physical keyboard connected to your computer or device to open the Advanced Startup Options menu this way.

2. Wait while the Advanced Startup Options menu opens.

3. Choose Advanced option, and click System Restore.

Please let me know what’s going on.

Keep post.

Regards,

Kate Li

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by qwelukasz Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:02 AM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 8:47 AM

All replies