none
Milestones do not sort by date on report dashboard in Project 2016 std RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using MS Project 2016 Standard, v 16.0.4639.1000.  I cannot get milestones to sort by finish date appropriately.  I have tried multiple scenarios; using a canned dashboard report, creating a new table from scratch in a report, creating a project plan from scratch.  In all cases, once milestones are subject to different parent tasks in the project plan, they won't sort by date but remain broken out according to the hierarchy.  The only item of note I see is that in the custom sort window on the report dashboard, the "keep outline structure" is grayed out and not checked.  When sorting in the Gantt view, making sure this is unchecked allows the milestones to sort by date without breaking into hierarchical groups.  I have been struggling with this for months so any help is so appreciated.  Please let me know if you want sample files, screenshots...anything that can help!

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Jennifer,

A screenshot would help. Are you talking about the dashboards in the report tab? If yes, you can use the out-of-the-box milestone reports. All table can be sorted, using the right panel, by dates.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:57 AM
  • I am having the same problem. 
    When I select Report, Dashboard, Project Dashboard and filter by Finish dates in 2020 under Milestones Due dates in 2020 are listing higher than dates in 2019..

System will not allow me to upload a screenshot

Monday, September 30, 2019 3:06 PM