none
Can't import DART 10 boot.wim to SCCM Current Branch 1606 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I'm trying to implement PXE boot of DART recovery image using SCCM Task Sequence.

I've read alot about it and tried many guides, like this one: http://www.ideadata.co.uk/index.php/pxe-booting-dart-8-1-with-sccm-2012-including-remote-viewer/

I've got to step "Import Wim File as a Boot Image into SCCM 2012".

However, when I'm trying to import the image that I made with DART Recovery image builder to SCCM, I'm getting an error ("UNC path does not have a valid boot image...").

Whats would you suggest to troubleshoot that? 

We're using SCCM CB with latest updates, ADK 10 1607, DART from MDOP 2015

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:35 AM

Answers

• Hi, Try 
    Export-WindowsImage -CompressionType maximum -SourceImagePath "$PSScriptRoot\dart10.wim"  -SourceIndex 2 -DestinationImagePath "$PSScriptRoot\boot.wim"

Simply explained it's spliting the wim volume
    And the real image is on volume 2. I tested it in 1610 CB and I can import it. Did try to use the TS on your link
    • Proposed as answer by Max Boivin Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by EquillibriumTASS Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:56 PM
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:35 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you fixed your issue ?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 6:55 AM
  • Hey! Gave up on trying cause I got not response here, but am willing to try again if I get any tips
    Sunday, February 19, 2017 10:10 AM
  • Hi, Try 
    Export-WindowsImage -CompressionType maximum -SourceImagePath "$PSScriptRoot\dart10.wim"  -SourceIndex 2 -DestinationImagePath "$PSScriptRoot\boot.wim"

And the real image is on volume 2. I tested it in 1610 CB and I can import it. Did try to use the TS on your link
    • Proposed as answer by Max Boivin Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by EquillibriumTASS Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:56 PM
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:35 AM
  • Confirm Working

Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:52 AM
  • Hi, Try 

Thanks, I'll try that asap and return here to mark as answer!
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:59 AM
  • That works! And the TS from that article in 1st post actually does work aswell, we now have a working DART10 boot image. Yay!
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:56 PM
  • Thank you so much for this fix. I've spent 2 days messing about with WIM files trying to get this to work. Much appreciated.
    Monday, August 20, 2018 8:29 AM