"Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

A customer is running Windows Small Business 2011 Standard.

I am unable to connect using Remote Web Workspace to any workstations (or server).  I do see the list of available machines.  However, when attempting to connect, I receive the following error:

Remote Desktop Connection
    Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable.  Try reconnecting later or contact your network administrator for assistance.

I have tried using different login names, with the same results.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Rudy

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 7:23 PM

All replies

• hi,
    can you check “Remote Desktop Gateway Service ”is running, you can restart it. Then restart your SBS 2011 and look if the problem persist.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 8, 2018 3:20 PM
  • Is there any progress on your question?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 16, 2018 1:32 AM
  • Is there anything to help you?

Monday, November 19, 2018 8:41 AM
  • I'm currently experiencing the same error message on a client network - but only on 1 terminal server, another is OK. And on the failing terminal server, I'm able to connect as administrator (also using the RD gateway server from outside address).

Monday, June 29, 2020 6:23 AM