none
Winodws update v6 SSL certificate revoked RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy!

Looks like the certificate for update.microsoft.com has been revoked since SEPTEMBER!

WUv6 doesn't work browser based on POSReady 2009 or any other v6 using OS - in or out of support!

Anyone know when this will be fixed?

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:25 PM

Answers

• It did eventually get fixed, but Microsoft support directed me *here* to report it, and wouldn't let me advance past the call router/first line to actually make a proper report.

I had to go through my TAM at my day job to actually get any action done and contact someone in the product group for a resolution. 

I've yet to find a decent way to report outage/issues with MS services other than O365, and I didn't want to risk a support incident not being refunded on this issue since it's such a minor impact.... so my only recourse was a TAM for an EA/Premier contract at my place of employment for an unrelated issue (she was very happy to help though) 

They fixed it by emptying the CRL in case anyone's curious. 

Saturday, March 9, 2019 11:58 PM

All replies

• POSReady 2009 goes EOL April 2019 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=Windows%20Embedded%20POSReady%202009

If you are the OEM of the product, you might want to reach out to your Microsoft distributor. Otherwise you might want to contact Microsoft support directly.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Monday, February 18, 2019 4:21 PM
  • It did eventually get fixed, but Microsoft support directed me *here* to report it, and wouldn't let me advance past the call router/first line to actually make a proper report.

I had to go through my TAM at my day job to actually get any action done and contact someone in the product group for a resolution. 

I've yet to find a decent way to report outage/issues with MS services other than O365, and I didn't want to risk a support incident not being refunded on this issue since it's such a minor impact.... so my only recourse was a TAM for an EA/Premier contract at my place of employment for an unrelated issue (she was very happy to help though) 

They fixed it by emptying the CRL in case anyone's curious. 

Saturday, March 9, 2019 11:58 PM