Are SurfaceSDK 1.5 apps usable on surface? RRS feed

• Question

• I builtan app uing the SDK 1.5.  I was able to actually get it to run by instralling .Net 4.0 on the surface machine, but touch response is non existant when testing in admin mode, even with SurfaceInput on.   Is it possible to use a surface app built using the latest SDK on a surface device or do I need to dig out my vitsa dev box and port i back?
    Friday, May 28, 2010 1:49 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately the Microsoft Surface Toolkit for Windows Touch (Beta) does not receive input from the Surface input subsystem. The toolkit currently targets only Windows 7 Touch Enabled PCs. So for now you will need to have two versions of your application, one for Surface Hardware and one for Windows 7 Touch Enabled PCs.

Thanks,

Luis Cabrera
    Platform Program Manager
    Microsoft Surface

Developer
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 3:55 PM

All replies

• Bumping for an answer... anyone from the Surface team reading this stuff?  I would really like to not have to port the app to the SDK 1.0.  If possible, can the surface be upgrade to Windows 7?  Is this something we should go through our partner channel to answer?

Friday, May 28, 2010 5:54 PM
  • Unfortunately the Microsoft Surface Toolkit for Windows Touch (Beta) does not receive input from the Surface input subsystem. The toolkit currently targets only Windows 7 Touch Enabled PCs. So for now you will need to have two versions of your application, one for Surface Hardware and one for Windows 7 Touch Enabled PCs.

Thanks,

Luis Cabrera
    Platform Program Manager
    Microsoft Surface

Developer
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 3:55 PM