Why am I getting this error message when SSDT is installed by SQL Server 2012 RCO Evaluation Edition? RRS feed

All replies

• I'm experiencing the exact same issue as described above, I've been looking for a solution for a little over a month and I've had little luck.  Some suggested installing SP1 for Visual Studio 2010 again if you have installed previously.  I run VS2010 Ultimate w/SP1 and haven't taken the time to actually reinstall it yet... i'm sure it's going to be slow and i'm looking at an hour of downtime. (probably worth it if it fixes it.) 

If anyone else has encountered this error and knows the proper steps to resolve, your help is appreciated!

Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:29 PM
  • Did the SQL Server 2012 RC0 Evaluation got installed successfully without any issues? Please check the installation logs for any issues.

Can you please provide the details of the Operating System, and already installed Visual Studio versions?

Also, I suggest you to check the Installation Prerequisites for SQL Server 2012.

Chaitanya( Twitter | Blogs )

Any documentation bug? Tell us about it at Connect. Please feel free to add any community comments in any of the MSDN/technet articles.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 3, 2012 2:25 PM