Unable to create relationships between tables RRS feed

• Question

• I have a simple set of tables with one fact table and 4 dimension tables but I am unable to create relationships between them.

The Dim tables have unique clustered index on their Key columns and I have created relationships in the DB however they are not picked up by the wizard and when I try to create the relationship in the Tabular Model Designer I get the following:

============================
    Error Message:

The relationship cannot be created because each column contains duplicate values. Select at least one column that contains only unique values.

Call Stack:

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.RelationshipController.CreateRelationship(DataModelingColumn sourceColumn, DataModelingColumn relatedColumn)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.RelationshipController.CreateRelationship(String fkTableName, String fkColumnName, String pkTableName, String pkColumnName)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.SandboxEditor.erDiagram_CreateRelationshipCallBack(Object sender, ERDiagramCreateRelationshipEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.ERDiagram.OnCreateRelationship(String fkTable, String fkColumn, String pkTable, String pkColumn)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.ERDiagram.ERDiagramActionCreateRelationship.Do(IDiagramActionInstance actionInstance)

Any help appreciated,

Amit

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:11 PM

All replies

• Amit,

Any/all relationships created in the relational database are also exported to BISM.

Please vote as helpful or mark as answer, if it helps
    Cheers, Raunak | t: @raunakjhawar
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:45 AM
  • Hi Amit,

I think you should try some records to test the relationship.

If you can build the relation by few data, then you can check the whole data and maybe it has duplicate data.

And you can reference this link.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg492102(SQL.110).aspx

----

Johnny

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:54 AM