none
Unable to Connect Via OData using Data Factory RRS feed

• Question

• Team,

I am trying to create a Linked Service using an Azure Data Factory OData connection to my companies Project Online instance.  Unfortunately, it is returning the following error:

UserError: Failed to create OData connection to https://CompanyName.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_api/Projectdata/ Fail to get metadata of odata service, please check if service url and credential is correct., activityId: activityId

My permissions level is "Full Control" as defined under Site Settings -> Site Permissions.

I've tried using both name@CompanyName.ca and CompanyDomain\Username to log in.

I have tried both Window and Basic authentication, both fail.  Interestingly, these options also fail in Power BI but I can connect using the "Organizational Account" option in Power BI.  Azure Data Factory does not have the "Organizational Account" options, unfortunately. I think the issue is related to this. 

I'm at a loss as to what else I can do.  Any suggestions?

• Edited by Simon Nuss Friday, April 20, 2018 6:50 PM
    Friday, April 20, 2018 6:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Simon

Are you using ADF V2? Try ADF V1 with OAuth. I think there is a problem with ADF V2 and OData.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

• Marked as answer by Simon Nuss Monday, December 10, 2018 1:17 PM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2018 12:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Simon

Are you using ADF V2? Try ADF V1 with OAuth. I think there is a problem with ADF V2 and OData.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

• Marked as answer by Simon Nuss Monday, December 10, 2018 1:17 PM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2018 12:40 AM
  • Have you shared the PWA site with at least Portfolio Viewer level access for the user who is using the service? Slightly more information is available here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-project-online-connect-to-data 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:28 AM
  • Hello, were you ever able to connect? If, could you please explain how?

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 10:20 AM