ILM 2007 FP1 SP1 install management agents hidden RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading ILM 2007 to FP1 my management agents are hidden. They are still there because I can run them from the operations tab but I cant view or modify them from the Management Agents tab.

Friday, April 26, 2013 11:54 AM

All replies

• I haven't heard of this happening before.  What was your upgrade process?  Did you install on a new server on top of the existing database, or did you install the FP1 SP1 version on the same server you had before? 

What kind of MAs are you using?  This almost sounds like the folder containing the MA UI files is empty or has some kind of awful permissions problem on it.

Is the Management Agents tab available and empty, or is it just not present?  If you don't see it, that would point to a security group problem.  During an install process, it is possible to change the security groups assigned to the different levels of access.  It's been awhile since I've run through that, but I think the install wizard always reverts back to the same local groups, even though most people (with good reason and in line with best practices) create domain security groups and use those instead.

Can you do an export of the server configuration?  If so, you could potentially reinstall on another server and database and import the configuration if you can't figure out how to fix what you have.

Other things to consider:

SQL Server version

Make sure ILM is still running on a 32-bit platform.

Chris

Monday, April 29, 2013 2:21 PM