How to deploy ConfAddins_Setup.exe ( Livemeeting 2007 Addin) using SMS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

my organisation is going to upgrade livemeeting 2005 to livemeeting 2007. We currently using Livemeeting 2005 CC , Livemeeting 2005 Addin/Console in around 40000 sytems.

When we push the ConfAddins_Setup.exe to all sytem , the application is not automatically installing as expected.It is having conflict with other applications.

How can we push LIvemeeting 2007 Addin to all PCs without any conflict?.. Is there any commandline argument?
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 10:30 AM

Answers

• Good afternoon. The response below provides some context as well as suggestions for the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you

Debbie

Live Meeting parameters can be specified when you run Windows Installer from the command line. The Live Meeting administrator can use these parameters to set values for common user preferences, such as the URL for the conference center, while taking advantage of command line setup to perform enterprise-wide deployment. When the Windows Installer is run with no additional parameters, the default installation behavior with regard to conflicting applications is used, and no user preferences are set.

The command line parameters for Add-in  installation are shown in the following table.

Parameter

Description

CCURL

The URL of the conference center that the add-in will use. Must be a secure HTTP (https://) address.

USERID

The user name of a Live Meeting member.

PASSWORD

The password associated with the USERID parameter.

SSO

If Y, your organization has a Live Meeting intranet portal that users will access by using automatic logon. If N (the default), members must provide a user name  and password to access the Conference Center.

SSOURL

If the value of SSO is Y, the URL of the Live Meeting Intranet Portal. Must be a secure HTTP (https://) address.

APPCONFLICT

The action to be taken if another program is using files that the Windows Installer needs to install the Add-in Pack. See the discussion following this table.

Except for APPCONFLICT, all these parameters set user preferences. The APPCONFLICT parameter specifies what action should be taken if another program is using one or more files that the Windows Installer needs to update.  APPCONFLICT parameter value options are shown in the following table.

Parameter

Description

For a silent installation, installation is cancelled. Otherwise, the user is asked how to proceed.

CANCEL

Installation is cancelled.

IGNORE

Installation proceeds without interrupting the conflicting program. The computer may have to be restarted to complete the installation.

ENDAPPS

The Windows Installer forces conflicting programs to end.

Note  The APPCONFLICT parameter applies only to installation. If earlier versions of the add-ins are present, they will be removed first, and the command line parameters, including APPCONFLICT, are not applied during removal. To control removal of the earlier version, you should manually remove the earlier version before you install the new version of the Add-in Pack.  If invalid or conflicting parameter values are supplied during command line setup, the add-in will still be installed, but any failures in parameter validation are noted in the Windows Installer error log.

Examples on how to install the Add-in from the command line

To install the Add-in Pack without specifying any user preferences, run the Windows Installer with no additional parameters. At the command prompt, type:

msiexec /I LMAddinPack.msi

The syntax for specifying user preference parameters during command line setup is as follows:

msiexec /I LMAddinPack.msi <PARAMETER>=<value>

If the parameter value is a literal string, the value must be enclosed in quotation marks. Include any white spaces in the string between the quotation marks. For example, to specify the URL of the Live Meeting Manager, at the command prompt, type:

msiexec /I LMAddinPack.msi CCURL="https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/myconferencecenter"

To automatically cancel installation in the event of a program conflict, at the command prompt, type:

msiexec /I LMAddinPack.msi APPCONFLICT=CANCEL

To specify automatic logon and the Intranet Portal address that will be used for automatic logon, type:

msiexec /I LMAddinPack.msi SSO=Y SSOURL="https://livemeetingportal"

• Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Friday, September 11, 2009 7:30 AM
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:49 PM

All replies

• Good afternoon. The response below provides some context as well as suggestions for the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you

Debbie

Live Meeting parameters can be specified when you run Windows Installer from the command line. The Live Meeting administrator can use these parameters to set values for common user preferences, such as the URL for the conference center, while taking advantage of command line setup to perform enterprise-wide deployment. When the Windows Installer is run with no additional parameters, the default installation behavior with regard to conflicting applications is used, and no user preferences are set.

The command line parameters for Add-in  installation are shown in the following table.

Parameter

Description

CCURL

The URL of the conference center that the add-in will use. Must be a secure HTTP (https://) address.

USERID

The user name of a Live Meeting member.

PASSWORD

The password associated with the USERID parameter.

SSO

If Y, your organization has a Live Meeting intranet portal that users will access by using automatic logon. If N (the default), members must provide a user name  and password to access the Conference Center.

SSOURL

If the value of SSO is Y, the URL of the Live Meeting Intranet Portal. Must be a secure HTTP (https://) address.

APPCONFLICT

The action to be taken if another program is using files that the Windows Installer needs to install the Add-in Pack. See the discussion following this table.

Except for APPCONFLICT, all these parameters set user preferences. The APPCONFLICT parameter specifies what action should be taken if another program is using one or more files that the Windows Installer needs to update.  APPCONFLICT parameter value options are shown in the following table.

Parameter

Description

For a silent installation, installation is cancelled. Otherwise, the user is asked how to proceed.

CANCEL

Installation is cancelled.

IGNORE

Installation proceeds without interrupting the conflicting program. The computer may have to be restarted to complete the installation.

ENDAPPS

The Windows Installer forces conflicting programs to end.

Note  The APPCONFLICT parameter applies only to installation. If earlier versions of the add-ins are present, they will be removed first, and the command line parameters, including APPCONFLICT, are not applied during removal. To control removal of the earlier version, you should manually remove the earlier version before you install the new version of the Add-in Pack.  If invalid or conflicting parameter values are supplied during command line setup, the add-in will still be installed, but any failures in parameter validation are noted in the Windows Installer error log.

Examples on how to install the Add-in from the command line

To install the Add-in Pack without specifying any user preferences, run the Windows Installer with no additional parameters. At the command prompt, type:

msiexec /I LMAddinPack.msi

The syntax for specifying user preference parameters during command line setup is as follows:

msiexec /I LMAddinPack.msi <PARAMETER>=<value>

If the parameter value is a literal string, the value must be enclosed in quotation marks. Include any white spaces in the string between the quotation marks. For example, to specify the URL of the Live Meeting Manager, at the command prompt, type:

msiexec /I LMAddinPack.msi CCURL="https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/myconferencecenter"

To automatically cancel installation in the event of a program conflict, at the command prompt, type:

msiexec /I LMAddinPack.msi APPCONFLICT=CANCEL

To specify automatic logon and the Intranet Portal address that will be used for automatic logon, type:

msiexec /I LMAddinPack.msi SSO=Y SSOURL="https://livemeetingportal"

• Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Friday, September 11, 2009 7:30 AM
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 6:49 PM
  • Hi SAK80,

Thanks to Debbie's reply. If your problem is not still resolved, please contact LiveMeeting Support for help.
    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/livemeeting_oas

Lu Zou
    Friday, September 4, 2009 10:47 AM
  • Hi I have found this thread and I know it is old, but it is related.

Task in question is to update the Microsoft Conference Addin for Outlook from v 8.0.6362.187 to 8.0.6362.201. Also in the task is that outlook will be open so the update must install and "Not" throw up the info dialogue box that outlook is open.

Ran the extract i.e XXX.exe -out c:\Folder
    The commandline used is XXXX.msi APPCONFLICT=IGNORE under the System Context account

Now according to the above post this cannot be done as the property passed will be ignored i.e this is only used on new installs. So really my quetion is how will I be able deploy the updated version in an enterprise enviroment, APPCONFLICT=ENDAPPS cannot be an option.

Deployment tool used is Marimba.
    Uninstalling will also throws up the message that outlook is open and needs to close so again that will not go down with the CEO's and directors.
    So I am open to suggestions. We cannot be the only corporation that has come across this.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:30 AM
  • mpryszlak,

I am running into the same issue. Did you find an answer?

Thursday, December 1, 2011 10:45 PM