SCOM Gateway Managment Server Went into Greyed out state !! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Due to certain maintenance i've placed accidentally SCOM managment servers in Maintenance mode and removed it later however one of the MS is not restored to healthy :( everything working fine earlier now i wonder from where to start troubleshooting 

what can be done in this case 

Thanks 

yasar 

Saturday, July 25, 2020 10:17 AM

Answers

• Yes i've scoped effected agents to other MS for a while and rebooted MS for 3 times now MS is showing healthy and now i'm thinking to scope back those agents any script will do this ?

thanks for help 

Yasar

Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:42 PM
  • Hi,

Long time not heard from you. Here, please let me write a summary for our thread:

Issue Definition:
    ====================
    Place SCOM management servers in Maintenance mode and remove it later however one of the MS is not restored to healthy

Resolution
    ====================
    Scope effected agents to other MS for a while and reboot MS for 3 times now MS is showing healthy.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Best regards.
    Crystal

"SCOM" forum will be migrating to a new home on   Microsoft Q&A!
      We invite you to post new questions in the "SCOM" forum's new home on   Microsoft Q&A!
      For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 7:47 AM

All replies

• Stop the Microsoft Monitoring Agent service, delete the Health Service State folder and restart the service, that will force the server to redownload its configuration and it should work again after that.
    Saturday, July 25, 2020 11:35 AM
  • Hi,

The cache clearing usually helps in this case, you can refer to the documentation below on how to do it:

How and When to Clear the Cache
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/manage-clear-healthservice-cache?view=sc-om-2019

You can also have a look at the Operations Manager event log for any more clues if the cache clearing did not help.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Saturday, July 25, 2020 3:01 PM
  • Hello Leon,

After clearing cache server went in Not Monitored state and we have 30+ agents which are scoped to this MS and all are in greyed out state 

Any idea how long it will take to restore healthy 

Thanks,

yasar

Sunday, July 26, 2020 8:37 AM
  • Hello Cyraz,

i already did this before writing here but no luck it is in same state 

Sunday, July 26, 2020 8:38 AM
  • What else have you tried so far?

Might try rebooting the affected SCOM management server.

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Sunday, July 26, 2020 3:23 PM
  • Yes reboot also performed still server is in greyed out state and reporting agents 

can we scope reporting agents to different MS will that bring agents healthy or multi homing of agents will help ?

Sunday, July 26, 2020 6:40 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, we can firstly change the Operations manager Gateway server of these affected agents to other working Gateway server. Afterwards, focus the issue in this affected Gateway server to see if there's any error in the Operations Manager event log on this affected server.

Hope it can help.

Best regards.

Crystal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 27, 2020 1:31 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? Is there any update on our issue? If yes, feel free to let us know.

Best regards.

Crystal

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 30, 2020 7:58 AM
  • Yes i've scoped effected agents to other MS for a while and rebooted MS for 3 times now MS is showing healthy and now i'm thinking to scope back those agents any script will do this ?

thanks for help 

Yasar

Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:42 PM
  • Hi Yasar,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that it is healthy now. To change the MS of these agents, we can refer to the command in the following link:

https://kevinholman.com/2018/08/06/assigning-gateways-and-agents-to-management-servers-using-powershell/

Hope it can help.

Best regards.

Crystal

Friday, July 31, 2020 6:18 AM
  • Hi Yasar,

How are things going? Have we finished changing the MS of these agents? Is there anything else we can help?

Best regards.

Crystal

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 2:55 AM
  • Hi,

Long time not heard from you. Here, please let me write a summary for our thread:

Issue Definition:
    ====================
    Place SCOM management servers in Maintenance mode and remove it later however one of the MS is not restored to healthy

Resolution
    ====================
    Scope effected agents to other MS for a while and reboot MS for 3 times now MS is showing healthy.

Best regards.
    Crystal

"SCOM" forum will be migrating to a new home on   Microsoft Q&A!
      We invite you to post new questions in the "SCOM" forum's new home on   Microsoft Q&A!
      For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 7:47 AM