Surface autologin RRS feed

• Question

• I have two questions

1. My commercial unit no longer logs in automatically to the tableuser, how do i correct this
    2. How do I configure developer units to autologin to the tableuser?
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 2:26 AM

All replies

• Can you clarify what you mean in #1?  Are you no longer able to get into user mode via the "Enter User Mode" shortcut on the desktop?  Or are you saying that after a critical failure the machine is not rebooting and re-entering user mode automatically? 

If the latter, take a look at the OutOfOrderRestartDelay/OutOfOrderRestartQuota settings described at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee692034(Surface.10).aspx.  It could be that you have the feature disabled, or that something is causing the machine to go to out of order so frequently that the auto-restart feature has given up and decided that an administrator is needed to get things back into working order.  If that was the case you'd see an event like this in the Out Of Order operational log:

A Surface system fatal failure was detected. The system will not be restarted to recover from the out-of-order state because the restart quota (%1) has been exceeded.

Regarding your second question, you should be able to put a dev unit into user mode the same way that you would a commercial unit -- via the Enter User Mode shortcut on the desktop.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 6:08 AM
    1. When the commercial unit boots up, it only boots to the login screen and doesnt automatically load the tableuser prof to load surface.
    2. I would like to developer unit to act like the commercial with regards to automatically logging in as the tableuser to load surface.
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 6:47 AM
  • Just to be sure: if you put the table into user mode (shortcut on the desktop) it will login to tableuser-mode AND it will also do so when you reboot.

Did you try that and does it STILL come up with the login dialog?

--
    Bart Roozendaal, Sevensteps
    "sean d archer" schreef in bericht news:dbfbf14a-3b96-4b86-a07a-76cdcf66317b...
    1. When the commercial unit boots up, it only boots to the login screen and doesnt automatically load the tableuser prof to load surface.
    2. I would like to developer unit to act like the commercial with regards to automatically logging in as the tableuser to load surface.

Bart Roozendaal, Sevensteps
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 7:04 AM