none
Windows 10 feature upgrade issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts

i am facing the issue while upgrading windows 10 from 1807 to 1809, and i could see the issue with incompatible application but i could not find which application blocking the upgrade.

this is the error code which hardblock the windows 10 upgrade

Error: SetupDiag reports abrupt down-level failure.
    Last Operation: Finalize
    Error: 0xC1900208 - 0x4000C
    LogEntry: 2019-06-21 11:29:25, Error                 MOUPG  CSetupManager::ExecuteInstallMode(807): Result = 0xC1900208
    LogEntry: 2019-06-21 11:29:25, Error                 MOUPG  CSetupManager::ExecuteInstallMode(807): Result = 0xC1900208

in the setuplog i have this entry regards hard block

2019-06-21 11:25:18, Info                  CONX   CFeaturesOnDemandChecker: checked FeaturesOnDemandDetected, found HardBlock.

and in the compatibility XML i could see this error as hardblock

-<HardwareItem HardwareType="Setup_FeaturesOnDemandDetected">

<CompatibilityInfo BlockingType="Hard"/>

<Action ResolveState="NotRun" Link="wsc:setup:Setup_DismissFeaturesOnDemandBlock" DisplayStyle="Link" Name="Setup_DismissFeaturesOnDemandBlock"/>

</HardwareItem>

Please help me to find the incompatible application and let me know for any other solution as this was affecting our upgrade process for more than 100+ machines.

THANKS SURESH M

Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Suresh,

Based on my experience, the easy troubleshooting step we can do at this point is to launch setup.exe from the hidden C:\$WINDOWS.~BT directory. After going through the first screens, the setup will warn us about those incompatible apps.

If we don’t want to run the setup.exe, we can refer to the C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\CompatData[date-time].xml. We’ll have a couple of Compatdata.xml files, usually, the most recent one will contain the information you need. Please check if there is a faulty application and give setup the instruction to stop.

For more detailed information, please refer to:
    SCCM ERROR 0XC1900208 DEPLOYING WINDOWS 10 1709

Hope it helps. Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Simon Ren

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 24, 2019 3:27 AM
  • Thanks for your response..

We are not suppose to run the setup.exe in all machines one by one.

As you said i have checked the compatibility.XML and i have posted the step which is hard blocking the upgrade, please let me know what need to do to fix the hard block issue.

THANKS SURESH M

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:14 AM