cannot deploy the model because the localhost deployment server is not running in multidimensional mode RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the following error when i am deploying the cube : "You cannot deploy the model because the localhost deployment server is not running in multidimensional mode."  

Please help

Monday, February 6, 2012 11:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Mayank,

In SQL 2012, BISM multi dimensional model uses multidimensional instance, where as tabular model uses tabular instance o9f SQL server. So please check the instance to which you are deploying.I think you are deploying your cube to tabular instance.

To change the instance to which you are deploying your cube,

Right click on your project, click on properties then in depoloyment tab change the server instance to the multi dimensional instance to which you are deploying as shown below.

----------------------------------------------------------

Please mark as answer if helpful

• Edited by Dhanumjay K Tuesday, February 7, 2012 4:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mayank.Jain Tuesday, February 7, 2012 4:12 PM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 4:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Mayank,

In which mode is your SSAS Engine configured?

• Multidimensional mdoe
    • Tabular mode

Please vote as helpful or mark as answer, if it helps
    Cheers, Raunak | t: @raunakjhawar | My Blog

• Hi Mayank,

In SQL 2012, BISM multi dimensional model uses multidimensional instance, where as tabular model uses tabular instance o9f SQL server. So please check the instance to which you are deploying.I think you are deploying your cube to tabular instance.

To change the instance to which you are deploying your cube,

Right click on your project, click on properties then in depoloyment tab change the server instance to the multi dimensional instance to which you are deploying as shown below.

----------------------------------------------------------

Please mark as answer if helpful

• Edited by Dhanumjay K Tuesday, February 7, 2012 4:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mayank.Jain Tuesday, February 7, 2012 4:12 PM
  • thanks sachin :)
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 4:19 PM