Frequently Asked Questions on Live Meeting Rollout and Deployment RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

1.       There are so many resources available to help me rollout Live Meeting, but I am not sure how to get started. Can you provide assistance?

Live Meeting offers a variety of Administrator Resources to help rollout your Live Meeting service. Located here- http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA102389001033.aspx#5, are several guides and whitepapers. A great starting point is our  Live Meeting Service Administrators Guide

If you are looking for high-touch consulting services to assist with your Live Meeting rollout, contact your Live Meeting account team for more information about our programs and services. 

2.       My company pushed out the Live Meeting client a few months ago, but usage is minimal. How can I get drive usage and ensure I am getting the most out of my investment?

The key to a successful rollout is communication. In order to use Live Meeting employees must: (1) understand its available (2) know why your company purchased it (3) realize why they should use it and (4) know how to get started. The best way to announce Live Meeting is through a well-designed and executed communication plan such as an email campaign, newsletter post, and team and company meetings, where you can reach a broad audience. In addition, creating a streamlined messaging channel such as an intranet site allows for one targeted location for all Live Meeting resources and announcements. Download our Intranet In a Box template to help get started in creating your own intranet page.

3.       What training is available for my end-users?

Live Meeting offers a variety of training classes and delivery methods designed to target every audience. For new users, we recommend starting with our Quick Start program, a 30 minute class covering the basics of Live Meeting. From there, users can branch off into advanced classes based on their use case: collaboration, eLearning or Events. These classes are offered live as well as via recorded tutorials. In addition, Live Meeting offers downloaded users guides, in-product assistance, help and how to resources and a self-paced eLearning tutorial. Visit the Live Meeting Training page for more information.

4.       My help desk has been getting calls from Live Meeting users. Is there a way to better prepare them to assist those users and support Live Meeting?

Yes. Live Meeting offers a Help Desk training program, designed to enable customers to manage Live Meeting support for their employees. The help desk training program identifies key call generators at both basic and advanced levels, and discusses how to address them. Visit https://events.livemeeting.com/908/12821/reg.aspx for sign up for a live session, view the recorded sessions or download the Help Desk Training datasheet.

5.       Is it important to configure my conference center settings before I rollout Live Meeting to my organization?

1.       It is highly recommended that you configure your conference center before launching Live Meeting within your organization. Doing so will ensure that all users have access to relevant features and that tools/functions align with internal policies. In addition, changing feature availability later on may cause confusion for end-users. To understand the feature options one can manage at the conference center level, attend our Live Meeting Administrator class. Register today at: https://events.livemeeting.com/967/10067/reg.aspx

In addition, download our Live Meeting Administrator’s guide for additional information on conference center configuration options.

6.       I am trying to set up an Intranet site for Live Meeting but am not sure where to get started. Is there someone who can recommend what to include?

1.       Great question. We always recommend setting up an Intranet site as the one place end-users can go for all things Live Meeting. To that end, Live Meeting offers an “Intranet-In-A-Box” which is a template html page containing links to Live Meeting training, support, getting started details and much more. This page allows organizations to customize to meet their needs including branding with their own logo/color scheme, linking to their account creation method and including company-specific  policies and resources for using Live Meeting.

Download Intranet In a Box today.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=60C44DAD-97FB-47B2-B9C2-905BC42EC1D1&displaylang=en

7.       My company has been using Live Meeting for quite some time and usage has really picked up. The challenge is that our Administrator needs to manually create user accounts, which is not scalable and no longer working. What options do we have?

If you are using Active Directory, a great solution is the Live Meeting Service Intranet Portal. The Portal enables organizations to automate the account creation process by authenticating users through their Active Directory service. Although this option requires a little bit of set-up upfront, it allows organizations to automate, yet fully manage the account creation process. For more information on the Portal, visit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA102389001033.aspx#5. Here you will find the Portal Administrators Guide, Portal Code and Release Notes.

Live Meeting Service Portal Administrators Guide

Live Meeting Service Portal

Live Meeting Portal Release Notes

8.        We don’t use AD at my company, but as an Administrator I’m being overwhelmed by creating user accounts too – what options do I have?

The Organizer Self-Service (OSS) sound like the right solution for your company.  OSS is a Live Meeting-hosted web form which enables new users to request an account via an online form. Organizations can manage this process by allowing for all accounts to automatically get created upon submission or having the Administrator approve requests. For more information on OSS contact your Live Meeting account team.

9.        Eventually my company wants to move to the Portal, but right now we just need to get all of the users from our old web conferencing service onto Live Meeting. What’s the easiest way for us to do this?

The Bulk Upload tool can create hundreds or even thousands of user accounts at once. This is a great option if you would like to upload your entire user base at once. For more information on the bulk upload tool, contact your Live Meeting account team.

10.   My company rolled out Live Meeting last year and we are now planning our upgrade to Live Meeting 2007. We want to ensure this upgrade is a success. What resources do you have to help in our preparation?

Live Meeting offers many valuable resources to facilitate your migration to Live Meeting 2007. From email templates to end-user training to upgrade support, our Customer Upgrade Resource site provides all of the resources you need to prepare for your upgrade to Live Meting 2007.

Visit our Upgrade Resource site for more information:

http://www.microsoft.com/uc/livemeetingcustomerupgrade/default.mspx

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:57 AM

All replies

• 9.        Eventually my company wants to move to the Portal, but right now we just need to get all of the users from our old web conferencing service onto Live Meeting. What’s the easiest way for us to do this?

The Bulk Upload tool can create hundreds or even thousands of user accounts at once. This is a great option if you would like to upload your entire user base at once. For more information on the bulk upload tool, contact your Live Meeting account team.

Does anyone have more information about the Live Meeting portal Bulk Upload tool as mentioned above?

Michele Tauriello
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 12:13 PM