none
Phase deployment - for Patching RRS feed

• Question

• I have a situation where few patches must be compliant and later I can push required other critical patches.

in this situation does the phased deployment will be helpful ? or is there any other way to manage this ?

HunBoy Started learning from this page

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:45 PM

All replies

• From SCCM CB 1810, you can configure phase deployment for update deployment.

You can create custom phases for software update group. based on the success rate and configuration the deployment will continue to next phase.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:19 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, phased deployment may not be able to meet your demand. Phased deployments automate a coordinated, sequenced rollout of software across multiple collections. When the first phase is successfully deployed, then it will deploy the same SUG to the next collection, but will not deploy next SUG to the clients. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/osd/deploy-use/create-phased-deployment-for-task-sequence?toc=/sccm/sum/toc.json&bc=/sccm/sum/breadcrumb/toc.json

To meet your needs, we could manually deploy the first phase of the updates and when they compliant, deploy the next phase of the updates. Alternatively, we can also try to install these updates in stages via cmdlets.

Hope above information helps.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 8:05 AM
  • Hi,

I just checked in to see if there are any updates. Please feel free to feedback and if the reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

Thank you for your kindly support.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 8:01 AM