none
Issues when trying to Sysprep POSReady7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have followed all the guides that I can find on how to solve the "Fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine"

I tried several others as well.. 

With a fresh build of POSReady 7 installed and patched I have the following showing for Rearms after running slmgr /dlv from cmd:

I have confirmed that the GeneralizationState under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Status\SysprepStatus is set to 7

I confirmed that that current state was IMAGE_STATE_COMPLETE

I have included the <SkipRearm>1</SkipRearm> to my unattend.xml and this is the sysprep error I am getting:

setuperr below

2018-07-19 10:57:08, Error      [0x0f0082] SYSPRP LaunchDll:Failure occurred while executing 'C:\windows\System32\silsysprep.dll,Sysprep_Generalize_MiStreamProv', returned error code 2
    2018-07-19 10:57:08, Error      [0x0f0070] SYSPRP RunExternalDlls:An error occurred while running registry sysprep DLLs, halting sysprep execution. dwRet = 2
    2018-07-19 10:57:08, Error      [0x0f00a8] SYSPRP WinMain:Hit failure while processing sysprep generalize internal providers; hr = 0x80070002

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, July 19, 2018 3:37 PM

All replies

• Can you simply install the OS and do a sysprep without sysprep unattended file?

What else is setup in the generalize pass in the unattended file?

What happens when you remove the skipream in the unattended file? 

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, July 19, 2018 9:18 PM