none
Pre-download to cache -> clear cache -> re-download RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have a TS deployment that is set to Pre-download content.

That works very well, but if (for whatever reason) the cache is cleared on the client before the TS is launched, I cannot seem to make it re-pre-download. I have tried adding another Assignment Schedule and the execmgr.log on the client seems to 'understand' as it logs:

"Will Pre-download source files because condition [@root\cimv2
    select * from win32_operatingsystem where osarchitecture like "%64%" and oslanguage=1033] evaluated to true."

The problem though is that it never downloads the content again.

Is there a way to make the client aware that it has lost the content and needs to re-pre-download it?

Thanks in advance.

/Michael

Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

When the client receives the in-place TS deployment policy, it starts to pre-cache the content after the deployment's available time. Based on my experience, we can't re-trigger the pre-download action of the original in-place TS. However, here is a workaround for your reference:

1.Delete the original in-place TS deployment.
    2.Create a new in-place TS deployment to the collection that contains the clients.
    3.After the clients receives the deployment policy, it will start to pre-cache the content.

For more information, please refer to:
    Configure pre-cache content for task sequences
    Configure SCCM Task sequence Pre-Cache Content – Part 1

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Simon Ren

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 30, 2019 9:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

When the client receives the in-place TS deployment policy, it starts to pre-cache the content after the deployment's available time. Based on my experience, we can't re-trigger the pre-download action of the original in-place TS. However, here is a workaround for your reference:

1.Delete the original in-place TS deployment.
    2.Create a new in-place TS deployment to the collection that contains the clients.
    3.After the clients receives the deployment policy, it will start to pre-cache the content.

For more information, please refer to:
    Configure pre-cache content for task sequences
    Configure SCCM Task sequence Pre-Cache Content – Part 1

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Simon Ren

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 30, 2019 9:12 AM
  • Hi,

May we know the current status of the problem? Or is there any other assistance we can provide?

If there are no other questions, would you please help close this case? Thanks for your time.

Thanks and regards,
    Simon

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:59 AM
  • OK - thanks. That is what I have experienced as well. I was just hoping, there was a better way :(.

/Michael

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:51 AM
  • Hi Simon

Sorry - I didn't get a notification about the previous answer.

Status is unchanged.

/Michael

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:52 AM