none
How to handle associated files (of any type PDF,word etc) in BizTalk 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• 1) First BizTalk schema deployed Web Service will receive an Order message from the source system. This message will contain order details and information related to the associated files (any type PDF, Excel, word , etc)
       along with this order
    2) BizTalk will first transfer the order information (excluding associated files) to the destination REST API and receive an Order ID in the confirmation response. 
    3) After receiving a successful transfer confirmation response from REST API (solicit request-response), the associated files will be picked from the source network location and send to the destination http Restful service (put) one by one.
    4) Finally, a Create Attachment request will be send to the destination system REST service for all the attachment files that were send for this Order.

Can anyone please explain with some sample\example the best way to implement this requirement in BizTalk 2016. 

RH

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:18 PM

All replies

• What part of that are you having trouble with?  

I would think that 1) & 2) should be fairly straight forward.

3) & 4) would probably have to be done in an Orchestration that calls a helper class to pick up the named files.

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:44 PM
  • I know after first Receive shape, BizTalk will not pick the Associated files.

I am talking about step 3, the files will be placed in a shared folder. This can be (email, pdf, word docx....)

So you are suggesting writing a custom c# helper class and calling that helper within BizTalk Orchestration.

Can you please guide what logic needs to be in this helper class ? Appreciate your help and advise

RH

• Edited by Dan2890 Monday, August 19, 2019 8:51 PM a
    Monday, August 19, 2019 8:48 PM
  • any advise anyone ? Stuck here

There are files (.docx, .pdf)  in a folder, after the message 'Order' is processed successfully only then pick the related Order files and should transmit them to REST API service. 

There is no parsing that needs to be done to these files.

Please provide steps of achieving this which keeping performance also in mind. 

If using Helper class is proper way, will that cause any bottleneck like holding memory issue ?

If no, please anyone advise the steps for Helper class in picking the file in BizTalk Orch and transmitting to REST API service. I feel this is very complicated scenario .

RH

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 3:10 AM