none
Alien 9900 reader with BizTalk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are working on Alien 9800 and Alien 9900 readers using BizTalk RFID RTM version and Alien provider version 3.5.6.0.

Issue:

Every thing works as expected when we use Alien 9800 reader but we dont get tag reads on the Process when we do same thing on Alien 9900 reader. the "Notifymode" property is set  back to "OFF" when we start or stop the process for Alien 9900 reader.

Scenario:

We have wtitten a custom componet to push data to one of oracle database. We have registed the Alien 9800 reader and Bind it to the Custom process, and the tag read data is successfully sent to Oracle database. When we do same thing using Alien 9900 reader it does not work as expected. When I checked the properties on teh devcie, the NotifyMode is set to OFF, Even if we set it to On, some how it is setting back to OFF as soon *** the process is enabled/refreshed.

Appriciate your help!!!

Thanks,

Suresh.

Friday, December 14, 2007 4:41 PM

Answers

• Looking at the log files you send me:

1. The custom Alien property "NotifyTrigger = Add" means that reader will send notifications only when a NEW tag gets added to the reader's field.  If you want notifications for all previously found tags (taking into consideration the value of the PersistTime property) you better set the NotifyTrigger = OFF.

2.  Your reader's AutoMode-related properties look modified from the factory settings.  If you don't use any devices connected to the reader's IO ports and no custom configuration of the AutoMode, I'd suggest issuing the AutoModeReset custom Alien command, which has been exposed by the provider (or, at least, issue this command on the reader's command-line interface.)

Hope this helps,

Monday, December 17, 2007 4:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Suresh,

First of all, please make sure you're using latest available firmware and provider versions:

• Released provider version is NOT 3.5.6.0 but 3.6.5.0.
    • As for now, there is firmware version 07-10-30 on our FTP site, wich is good for both mentioned reader models.

If the problem persists it is, most probably, a reader configuration issue.  Checking the Troublesooting sections in our Device Deployment Kit documentation may help.

In most common scenarios, it is not nesessary to set the NotifyMode separately: this Alien custom property as well as the AutoMode, are managed by setting the DSPI's "Event Mode" automatically.  Just make sure to check the "Event Mode" checkbox in the Notification tab of the device properties dialog in the RFID Manager.

Finally, if nothing helps, you can send us (support(AT)alientechnology.com) and copy me directly (vshkolnikov(AT)alientechnology.com)  for analyzis your Alien log files related to failure time.

Hope this helps,

Friday, December 14, 2007 7:01 PM
  •  

Hi Valentina,

Thanks for you reply!!!

I have verified all the steps you have suggested. we have latest provider and firmware. I am facing same issue even after following your suggetions. So I have sent you the log files to you as well as support team.

Pleae do the needful.

Thanks,

Suresh.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 11:07 AM
  • Looking at the log files you send me:

1. The custom Alien property "NotifyTrigger = Add" means that reader will send notifications only when a NEW tag gets added to the reader's field.  If you want notifications for all previously found tags (taking into consideration the value of the PersistTime property) you better set the NotifyTrigger = OFF.

2.  Your reader's AutoMode-related properties look modified from the factory settings.  If you don't use any devices connected to the reader's IO ports and no custom configuration of the AutoMode, I'd suggest issuing the AutoModeReset custom Alien command, which has been exposed by the provider (or, at least, issue this command on the reader's command-line interface.)

Hope this helps,

Monday, December 17, 2007 4:29 AM
  • Hi Valentina,

Thanks for your inputs. It worked after resetting Auto mode settings and after enabling the Event mode.

Thanks,

Sanka

Monday, December 17, 2007 4:42 PM
  • Hi Suresh,
    we have also decided to start working with Alien readers and BizTalk for our office asset tracking project... I'm curious to know why you are using both 9800 and 9900, from what I understood the difference is only in the antenna topology (mono vs multi). where would you use the 9800 that 9900 can't be used?  how fast were you able to get off the ground?

Thanks,
    -Bob

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:34 PM
  • Impinj has released another update to their Impinj Device Provider (IDP ver 2.0) for the Speedway Revolution reader used with BizTalk RFID 2009 and 2010.

http://learn.impinj.com/2012/01/using-speedway-revolution-with.html

Regards,

Lou

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:09 PM
  • Can you please give me the sample code to work with ALIEN RFID reader 9900. I am searching a lot to find sample code but unable. Please help me out. In Alien technology official web site i am found only .net sdk but no sample code how to use classes and their methods. 

Thanks in advance

Monday, September 26, 2016 11:52 AM