"Unable to data refresh" error in power pivot gallery in share point 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have published my power pivot work book in power pivot gallery in sharepoint 2010. But when I am trying to interact with it I am getting following error.

I am using power pivot for denali ctp3 version and sharepoint was installed on sql server 2012 RC0 instance. I was able to interact with them and also created power views earlier but not able to do it now. What are the possible issues? Is it because of credentials?

• Moved by Darren GosbellMVP Friday, January 27, 2012 2:27 AM This is a Sharepoint PowerPivot question for RC0 (From:SQL Server Analysis Services)
    Monday, January 23, 2012 7:09 AM

All replies

• Read scenario 2

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff487856.aspx

Please vote as helpful or mark as answer, if it helps
    Cheers, Raunak | t: @raunakjhawar | My Blog
    Monday, January 23, 2012 7:18 AM
  • As I said, I am using power pivot for denali CTP3 version, share point also installed on 2012 RC0 instance. I was able to interact with it till yester day. Now it is giving that error. So version may not be the problem. Right?
    Monday, January 23, 2012 8:15 AM
  • Delete the workbook adn upload it again. See if the problem still persists.

Also, are you able to browse the workbook on excel console?

Please vote as helpful or mark as answer, if it helps
    Cheers, Raunak | t: @raunakjhawar | My Blog
    Monday, January 23, 2012 8:19 AM
  • I have deleted and upload it again. Eve I have created a new one and uploaded it. It is working fine in excel console but not in power pivot gallery.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 8:27 AM
  • Hi Sachin,

Based on the information you provided, it is hard to say what the root cause for the issue. Typically the conditions that cause the error to occur include: version mismatch, authentication and unstable server. The following article is to describe the detailed troubleshooting for these scenarioes -

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff487856(v=sql.110).aspx

Best Regards,
    Jerry

Friday, January 27, 2012 2:19 AM