none
How to turn off charge alert? RRS feed

• Question

• Since I have loaded GDR2 & 3 the charging alert sounds in the middle of the night waking my wife and me. When I place the phone on the wireless charger the charging alert sounds as it always has but what is new is that the alert will sound again sometime later. It seams that the phone charges then when the phones battery runs down to a certain level the charger kicks in again and the alert goes off again. How can I turn off that alert? I use my phone as my morning alarm so I want to keep the volume up and if I put it on vibrate the noise of the vibration wakes me up. As you can imagine I am beginning to hate my phone for waking me up in the middle of the night.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:38 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Unfortunately there is no way to silence the charging alert besides setting your phone to silent or vibrate.

Linley.

Pocket PC Mauritius http://PocketpcMauritius.blogspot.com/ http://PPCMUDownloads.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:19 AM

All replies

• brett can you provide a little more info? Is it a 920, a 925 with charging cover, a 1020 with charging cover? If it has a charging cover do you have the ability to try it with another cover? Or against another charging plate?
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:56 AM
  • I'm sorry, it is a 920.
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:20 AM
  • I have multiple charging plates, at work, in the living room and on the nightstand. It sounds the charging alert when first placed on the charger and later. I have taken special care to center the phone on the charger in case it was sounding the alert because of being misaligned. Can I turn the alert off or replace it with an alert that is silence rather than a sound.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:37 AM
  • Hello,

Unfortunately there is no way to silence the charging alert besides setting your phone to silent or vibrate.

Linley.

Pocket PC Mauritius http://PocketpcMauritius.blogspot.com/ http://PPCMUDownloads.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:19 AM
  • How do you report this as a bug to be fixed in a future update?
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:17 AM
  • This issue is most likely related to the Nokia firmware/software, and not Windows Phone 8. Lumia Black should be released in the coming weeks. I suggest waiting it out to see if it's resolved in Lumia Black (aka Bittersweet Shimmer).

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:16 PM
  • Brett

Appicable if your main issue is alarm function:

I assume you are aware that you may put the volume all the way to 0 and the alarm will still sound at the same volume as if you had put the volume up to 30 ? I have been doing this for years on Lumias, latest this AM on my NL1020.  

Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:53 AM
  • Had similar issues with my 920. Usually solved by restarting phone and and centering it on the charging plate.

Guessing that if that doesn't solve the issue you might want to have it replaced(warranty).

Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Hmm... My 920 doesn't do this. Are you sure the outlet provides a stable current?
    Saturday, November 2, 2013 7:55 AM
  • Based on your description it sounds as though your phone reaches 100% charge and disables the wireless charging. Then drains to a certain point and initiates the charge again. This sound like an issue with your phones battery life. I think you should review the following article to help improve your phones battery life. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/basics/battery-making-it-last

Do you have Wi-Fi in your home? Do you have Wi-Fi turned enabled on the phone? Is it set Keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out?

Alternatively, you can use the micro USB charging port.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:02 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, I have found other posts on other forums that explain this issue similarly to the way you did. The phone charges then looses some of the charge over night then starts to charge again and when it stars to charge it sounds that alert. I don't think it is unreasonable for the battery to run down a little overnight. My battery life is really good especially since gdr2 and gdr3. But I think it is important to point out that this alert issue began with gdr2 or gdr3 or the Nokia firmware, it is hard to say which since they were all loaded just a few days apart. For what it is worth another issue I noticed following the upgrade is that the phone is much more sensitive to the placement of the phone on the wireless charger. If you don't get it on there just right it repeatedly sounds the charging alert. Again this is new behavior following the updates. I am hoping that the black update will correct the issue. BTW. My wife has a newer 920 and hers does the same thing following the updates, which leads me to believe that it was the updates that started the problem. Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:35 AM
  • I wish there was a way to turn that sound off entirely.
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 12:54 PM
  • Go into:
    Settings>Personalization>Sounds> Uncheck "System alerts"
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 4:26 PM
  • To avoid the repeated Battery Fully Charged notification, plug your phone charger into the phone. Then go into Settings>General>Battery (under Phone Management), and select Battery Information. You should see a graph of <g class="gr_ gr_6 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="6" id="6">Battery</g><g class="gr_ gr_6 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="6" id="6">Usage</g> Level. Turn the phone off using the button on the back.
    Sunday, March 3, 2019 7:59 AM