none
How To Disable Welcome/Get Started Screen On Startup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I am deploying Power BI version 2.68.5432.841 in our Enterprise environment. We want to minimize the user experience so that they don't sign up for an account. We want to disable the Welcome/Get Started window that pops up when you open the program. We don't want them trying to sign up for an account. I have tried setting the ShowLeadGenDialog to 0 but that did not work. Any suggestions other than updating??? Sorry it won't let me upload a picture of the window I am referencing. It has what's new, power bi  blog, forums, and tutorials on the right side and power bi desktop on the left with get data and recent sources. In the middle it says sign in to collaborate and share content.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 6:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• hey Chris!

I'm assuming that this is in regards to Power BI Desktop and that's a pretty good question!

I'd highly recommend that you post this question on the official Power BI Forum:

https://community.powerbi.com/

This forum is solely dedicated to Power Query and the M language.

Best!

Thursday, November 7, 2019 2:24 AM
  • Unfortunately I do not have access to that forum and won't be able to. This forum forced me to choose the sub category of Power Query but yes it is in regards to Power BI.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 7:35 PM