MS ForeFront - How to remove inactive computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In ForeFront Client Sucurity Management Console, i notice the number of "Computers not reporting" is increasing.

I notice most of the inactive computers are either decom / no longer connected to the network for the past 5-6months.

Is there a way to clean up inactive computers?

What i'm currently doing is kinda time consuming

- Check when is the last heartbeat/last contacted client.

- Force computer to unmanage computer, then delete from unmanage group.

Appreciate any reply.

Thanks.

Monday, April 19, 2010 10:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as I know, you can manually remove old computers in MOM by going into agent-managed computers. Forcing to unmanaged and deleting the unmanaged object. After that, please delete the discovery rule for this same computer.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Monday, April 26, 2010 5:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as I know, you can manually remove old computers in MOM by going into agent-managed computers. Forcing to unmanaged and deleting the unmanaged object. After that, please delete the discovery rule for this same computer.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Monday, April 26, 2010 5:55 AM
  • Hi,

Is there a way to automate this? eg. if heartbeat was not detected for the last 90days then remove the computer ?

Monday, April 26, 2010 6:59 AM
  • An automated way to do this would be very helpful, we are in the middle of a large workstation upgrade and I have over 300 workstations to delete manually.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 2:26 PM
  • Did we get a response from MS on an auto way of doing this?   I have the same issue.  Computer are continually being removed from the network by the helpdesk, rebuilt with different names etc etc.   I am showing over 600 unresponsive computers in my FCS dashboard.

Thank you

Dave

Friday, August 27, 2010 6:04 PM