[BUG] Windows 8.1 RTM/MSDN Mail app - Problem with "Your name" encoding RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,
    I have an official MSDN version of Windows 8.1 Pro RTM installed and there is a problem (in fact there is a bug) with official Microsoft Windows Mail (Modern UI / Metro) application.

To be clear the problem is with character encoding of "Your name" account settings item of Google Mail (Gmail) accounts. When any email is sent then it is delivered with name (from:) scrambled in it. Message text is totally OK. I see it scrambled also in my sent email folder (visible only in conversation mode, for instance when you reply to someone's message).

Problem is not happening when I have set "Use Unicode (UTF-8) encoding for outgoing messages" directly in Gmail. Trouble with this settings is that not every email client is capable to handle this encoding for email messages correctly (including Outlook 2007/2010 and lower - what a shame) so it's really not a true solution atm.

You can use text "Žluťoučký kůň pěl ďábelské ódy" as a name for testing purposes.

I'm still "dependent" on this kind of email provider, so please try to check it (it works well with Windows Phone)

Mail app version: 17.4.9600.16384

You can contact me in case you need any assistance.

Regards

• Edited by YCORA.eu Monday, October 14, 2013 6:41 PM
    Monday, October 14, 2013 6:30 PM