BI Semantic Model connection issue against a Tabular database RRS feed

• Question

• Below is the BI Semantic model connection error from the windows server log. I have created a Tabular database model in Data Tools and provided administrative access to the powerpivot service account. Also, added a role membership for the same user. In the SP 2010, when I create a new BI Semantic model connection to the tabular model residing on the SSAS Server, I m getting the following error. I have spent lot of time debugging the issue with no luck.

My ultimate goal is to create a power view report based on the semantic model connection. Please advice.

EXCEPTION: Microsoft.AnalysisServices.OperationException:
    The following system error occurred:  Logon failure: unknown user name or
    bad password.        at
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XmlaClient.CheckForSoapFault(XmlReader reader,
    XmlaResult xmlaResult, Boolean throwIfError)     at
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XmlaClient.CheckForError(XmlReader reader,
    XmlaResult xmlaResult, Boolean throwIfError)     at
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XmlaClient.CreateSession(ListDictionary properties,
    Boolean sendNamespaceCompatibility)     at
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XmlaClient.Connect(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo,
    Boolean beginSession)     at
    Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Server.Connect(String connectionString, String
    sessionId)     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.GeminiServiceApplication.ValidateLinkFileConnection(String
    serverName, String dbName, String username)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:54 PM

All replies

• Is the service account for PowerPivot a domain account or a built-in system account?  I think this works better with domain accounts.  Just a guess....

PerfWise

Saturday, February 18, 2012 10:48 AM