streaming from a file RRS feed

• Question

•  

shouldnt it be possible to simply stream form a file? I have copied the package to the local directory of the client.

I get this error message:

The operation failed because you do not have sufficient permissions to stream from a file. Report the following error code to your System Administrator.

Error code: 45051C-14901D04-0000180B

I also get this error message:

An unexpected error occurred. Report the following error code to your System Administrator.

Error code: 45051C-17903B0A-0000000A

Regards,

Achim

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Achim,

this feature is not set by default. You have to set the following key manually.

Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\Configuration and change the value "AllowIndependentFileStreaming" value to 1.

Happy sequencing !

vkleinerde

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Achim,

this feature is not set by default. You have to set the following key manually.

Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\Configuration and change the value "AllowIndependentFileStreaming" value to 1.

Happy sequencing !

vkleinerde

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:16 AM
  • many thanks that did the trick.

BTW do you know what the error message means?

An unexpected error occurred. Report the following error code to your System Administrator.

Error code: 45051C-17903B0A-0000000A

Regards,

Achim

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:24 AM
  • I wonder why the launching only works from a share e.g. file:\\\\server\path

When I set the location of the sft file to the local disc e.g. file:c:\path

I get the above error.

any ideas?

Regards,

Achim

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:33 AM
  • Hi,

I did not run into that error code before.

But to get an idea, what the codes means at all, check out the post from Justin Zarb with the title "So what do all these errors actually mean!?"

May somebody from the App-V Team could confirm that the codes still valid or could deliver a actual overview?

________

vkleinerde

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 2:48 PM
  • Hi vkleinerde,

The registry key is working. I remember this as it was an option in the App-V client.

I am testing and planning to move from RTSP AppV streaming servers to FILE/CIFS shares.

If the performance is not too bad our company will make this design change and have one central RTSPS AppV mgmt server and local FILE streaming shares in the branch offices.

Best regards, Ivan Versluis
    Networknet.nl Blog
    Friday, September 30, 2011 11:51 AM