none
Access Denied SBS2011 server tring to open an exe file and states access denied i am an admin user RRS feed

• Question

• Has anybody come across this when we try to open .exe or an msi file on the server logged in as a admin user we get access denied.

I have tried creating another local admin user and it still the same

Any help would be appreciated.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I want to confirm with you if such problem happens on specific exe/msi file? 

Please right click the file and open its Properties, select to Security tab, please make sure that current user account is the Owner and has full control permission. 

Also, if there is any 3rd party security/anti-virus software, try to disable it temporarily and check the result. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 25, 2019 2:05 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang      

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 8:19 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, November 1, 2019 8:53 AM