Bad RSCID message dialog when installing Evolution Computings FastCad Program RRS feed

• Question

• Really like Windows 7 beta but have one issue.  Installing Evolution Computings FastCad software package (which is Vista compatible but a 32bit app) on Windows 7 beta.  Seemed to install just fine but when I went to run the program I get a yes/no dialog that states *Bad RSCID*.  If I answer yes it just keeps coming back with the dialog; no and it quits the app.  I am pretty sure the FastCad software owns the dialog.  Working with the vendor now?  Any FastCad users tried this or come up with a work around?

Ed McClure
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:13 AM

Answers

• Did you try running the installer or the executable file in Vista Compatibility mode?
    ~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    Friday, January 16, 2009 3:42 AM

All replies

• Did you try running the installer or the executable file in Vista Compatibility mode?
    ~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    Friday, January 16, 2009 3:42 AM
  • Alex,

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately it still exhibits the same problem.  The softare developer tried this with Windows 7 as well and had the same issue.  He said he identified the issue and I assume he contacted Microsoft.  Said that the next upgrade for Windows 7 should resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Ed McClure
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 3:03 AM
  • It is now August of 2020 and I am getting that message both before and after a Windows 10 update. I also get it when I try to install the latest upgrade of FastCAD. ???

EPA III

Saturday, August 29, 2020 6:49 PM