Update State Parameters (Daily) Rule RRS feed

• Question

• I've noticed that processor utilization on my collection server stays close to 100% for 20-30 minutes around midnight and noon.  dllhost.exe (MOM Data Access Layer) is using 50%+ of the CPU, and the MOM service and LSASS are using most of the rest.  After turning on data logging, I see the "Update State Parameters (Daily)" rule--which runs the Update Agent State script--is by far the most frequently listed in that time period.  The rule's timed event provider is set to synchronize at 0:00 (generate event every 720 minutes); is there any downside to creating a new timed event provider for this rule with 'synchronize at' unchecked?  That is the only way I can think of to spread the load generated by this rule out.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

I can't think of a reason why that wouldn't work, but you might want to look at what the root cause is.

You should have 2 processor cores for a minimal client base, 2GB RAM and the databases spread across a few disks.

I'm guessing that your disk queue and memory usage are also high at that time, adding more resources would be the better way to fix the problem

Kemper - MSFT

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 10:14 PM