none
Update from 1810 to 1910 no more Active Directoy Discovery RRS feed

• Question

• Something happened in upgrade to Configuration Manager 1910. AD User Discovery had been working fine in 1810 but after upgrade will not complete discovery. Everything looks fine in adsysdis.log up to:

ERROR: Failed to look up DNS forest GUID error = 1355

INFO: -------- Finished to process search scope (LDAP://DC=DCL,DC=DAKOTA,DC=MN,DC=US) --------

INFO: Reverting from impersonated user to default user.

ERROR: Failed to enumerate directory objects in AD container LDAP://DC=DCL,DC=DAKOTA,DC=MN,DC=US

INFO: -------- Finished to process search scope (LDAP://DC=DCL,DC=DAKOTA,DC=MN,DC=US) --------

STATMSG: ID=5202 SEV=I LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_AD_SYSTEM_DISCOVERY_AGENT" SYS=DCL-SC2012V2.DCL.DAKOTA.MN.US SITE=DCL PID=2452 TID=2348 GMTDATE=Fri Jan 24 14:30:16.415 2020 ISTR0="1" ISTR1="0" ISTR2="0" ISTR3="0" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=0

*** Shutting Down ************************

Friday, January 24, 2020 2:50 PM

All replies

• 1355 = "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted."

There's at least one other case of this in the forums that I know of without any resolution.

Strictly based on the error code and message, this is an issue with the site server finding and communicating with  the domain. Have you validated that you can successfully connect to the domain from the site server, using the account specified for discovery (or the site server's computer account) via LDAP (ldp.exe is one tool for this)?

If you have logs from before the upgrade that show this successfully working however, that would seem to be a bug that you should open a case with Microsoft Support on.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Friday, January 24, 2020 7:12 PM
  • Thank you for the quick response Jason. Yes, Active Directory Explorer connects just fine with the same account. And yes, I saved the log that shows discovery working just fine until the time I updated to 1910.

How do I start the process of opening a case with Microsoft Support?

Friday, January 24, 2020 7:48 PM
  • Thank you for the quick response Jason. Yes, Active Directory Explorer connects just fine with the same account. And yes, I saved the log that shows discovery working just fine until the time I updated to 1910.

How do I start the process of opening a case with Microsoft Support?

You can open a case from:

Microsoft - Support for business

Regards,

Youssef Saad

______

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help, thank you!

Friday, January 24, 2020 8:11 PM