Missing the Customize Fonts option in my Themes > Font dropdown menu RRS feed

• Question

• I need to change the theme font in my powerpoint presentation to a Google font, however when I go to change the theme font I am only being offered a handful of system fonts. From the online research I have done I believe I should have a Customize Fonts option at the bottom of the dropdown menu, but this is missing. Can anyone help?!

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 9:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• This is a known shortcoming of Office for Mac. Fortunately, font themes are a simple text file. You can create them with TextEdit, if you're careful. Here's my article on creating font themes: OOXML Hacking: Font Themes
    Wednesday, July 22, 2020 3:50 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information of jkorchok was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance. 

This “Office 2016 for Mac” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

"Office" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Office" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:57 AM
  • Thanks John! That's fixed it. Really appreciate the advice. Helen
    Tuesday, July 28, 2020 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you mark the reply of jkorchok as answer. Other partners who read the forums with the same issue can get more information from the correct result.

Thank you.

Emi Zhang

"Office" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Office" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 8:38 AM
  • Hi Emi - apologies new to this forum. Done this now.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2020 8:40 AM