none
Bypass keyboard selection and always default to US? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to:

1. Configure DaRT 2014 to bypass the keyboard selection screen and always just default to US without prompting?
    2. Change the keyboard selection type after the fact without having to reboot

I've tried adding these three commands to my winpeshl.ini, but it doesn't seem to make a difference:

• %systemdrive%\windows\system32\wpeutil.exe SetKeyboardLayout 0409:00000409
    • %systemdrive%\windows\system32\wpeutil.exe SetMuiLanguage en-US
    • %systemdrive%\windows\system32\wpeutil.exe SetUserLocale en-US

We've seen many times where the mouse accidentally gets clicked on a type other than US, and then we are screwed and have to reboot the unit back into DaRT to get the correct selection.

Thanks

dcc

dcc

Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:40 PM

All replies

• I have no customizations and am not prompted.  I know some of the commands in winpeshl.ini are picky with the syntax.  You might just try running those commands from within WinPE, first.  Ex of picky syntax -- cmd, "/C Drive:\Program /switch1 /switch2"

Best, Jacob I'm a PC.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:17 PM
  • Apparently, one of us is not talking about the same thing the other one of us is.

Fresh Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise edition build of Windows installed from SW_DVD9_SA_Win_Ent_8.1_64BIT_English_-2_MLF_X19-49847.ISO, completley updated from the Microsoft Update site.  The Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit for Windows 8.1 (build 8.100.26629) and the Windows Software Development Kit for Windows (8.100.25984) were installed from the Microsoft Download portal.  Microsoft DaRT 8.1 (build 8.1.22.0) was installed from SW_DVD5_Dsktp_Optimization_Pck_SA_2014_English_MLF_X19-52078.ISO.

The SW_DVD9_SA_Win_Ent_8.1_64BIT_English_-2_MLF_X19-49847.ISO was then mounted as a drive letter the Microsoft DaRT Recovery Image Wizard is launched.  Create 64-bit DaRT image is selected and the root path of the Windows 8.1 installation media is the the mounted ISO.  Next through Tools, next through Remote Connction, and next through Advance Options (in other words everything is left at defaults) and hit the create button.  That generates an ISO.  Boot that that ISO image and it prompts you if you wish to start networking.  Hit no, and you are at the keyboard selection screen shown below.  

dcc

Monday, September 8, 2014 5:43 PM
  • Hello DCC, I have the same Problem as well have you found the solution to this.  I would also like to not have to click on see more keyboard layouts and would like to automate this as much as possible.   The only thing that I have been able to find is how to automate the Remote connection.

Thanks, Alec

Thursday, September 3, 2015 9:58 PM
  • Did you ever find a solution for this?

:)

Monday, July 2, 2018 5:32 PM
  • Do you have 

[LaunchApps]

as the very first line of winpeshl.ini?

Saturday, December 15, 2018 1:49 AM