none
Anyone tried Public Preview of Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops [1903]? App-V broke? RRS feed

• Question

• I am running 1903 on Desktop. I have been given a VM in Azure running the above and struggling to run almost all applications. I can get a handful of very basic .msi type packages but anything more complicated than that will just not start up.

Configuration of client all looks fine. Packages are mounted ok but when I try to run various errors. Primarily 0xc0000142 error but there are also frequent "Virtual Environment cannot be started" in Virtual Applications under App-V in Event Viewer. The setup of the VM should be identical to the configuration on my client. All looks fine. 

Any help online appears to point to 8dot3name configuration which resolved for some packages but only a minority. Using cmd during packaging another potential cause has been tested and does not resolve.

We have packaged up all apps in Sequencer prior to 1903 but clearly not an option to re-package / convert. Has anyone else had a play with this yet? 

Thursday, July 11, 2019 10:38 AM